You may have noticed that the summer sales are on. If your inbox is as full as mine with reminders, then you can’t really fail to know. Yes, we all love a bargain, but when you’re bombarded with so much choice it can be overwhelming and no, you absolutely do not have to buy anything, but for those who are tempted, I have had a browse of some of my favourite sites and picked out six outfits that are all in the sale.
I, of course, WAS tempted. The Net-A-Porter sale was good to me. I finally purchased that Alex Mill cashmere striped cardigan that I’d had in my virtual basket for about two months, and I can confirm that it’s even better than I had hoped. We shall enjoy a long and happy relationship, I’m sure.
Let’s have a look at all the things I found…
If you’ve got a summer event coming up, then this is the perfect time to get that dress for less. I love these two. The Dôen one is giving me modern day ‘Little House on the Prairie meets Mrs Harris Goes to Paris’, but you know, in a good way. The ME+EM is more ‘Midsommar-but-without-the-ritual-killings’. Talking of ritual killings, think yourselves lucky that I’m not doing some kind of ‘outfits inspired by Game Of Thrones’ blog. I finally started watching it last month and now I’m in DEEP. Currently on series 3 and am incredulous that Joffrey is still alive when most people are gruesomely bumped off within minutes of arriving on screen.
- Dôen Everly shirred floral print cotton dress
- Monica Vinader siren nugget cocktail ring
- ME + EM polka dot ruffle dress
- Mango natural straw bag
- A. Emery leather Carter sandals
- Boden easy flat sandals
PYJAMAS, TOO GOOD JUST FOR THE BEDROOM
I have noticed that there are a lot of top-quality pyjamas in the sales. Desmond & Dempsey is one brand that I love, but why on earth would you splash that kind of cash on something you only wear in bed? These PJs deserve a daytime outing. I probably wouldn’t wear them altogether, but throw on the top with a good pair of jeans and no one will be any the wiser. P.S. A lot of the Skims bralettes are on sale at Net-A-Porter. They are SO comfortable. I have barely worn a real bra since I discovered these.
- Desmond & Dempsey long patchwork print cotton pyjamas
- A. Kjaerbede Lilly round sunglasses
- Skims seamless sculpting bra
- Levis ribcage straight ankle jeans
- Anya Hindmarch Fanta straw and leather tote bag
- Nike Air Force 1 07 trainers
Because they’re always a classic. For some reason I seem to wear black dresses more in the summer than I do in the winter. Maybe it’s because they often look better sans tights. Have I mentioned my new favourite fake tan? I think I have, but I will repeat. I urge you to try Tan Luxe’s The Gradual tanning lotion. It genuinely doesn’t smell or streak, and it gives the most realistic fake tan I’ve ever had. Also, if you get it from Look Fantastic, my code WEARSMYMONEY gets you 20% off.
- Hush rainbow hoop earrings
- All Saints Anna Devo Zori dress
- Farm Rio smocked embellished mini dress
- Shoe the Bear Krista black leather sandals
ON OUR HOLIDAYS
As well as pyjamas, I found a lot of great swimming costumes on sale. How cute is this one from Ganni? I don’t know if it’s because I was a dedicated early-90s raver, but I am still drawn to anything with a smiley face on it. You won’t catch me in a nightclub anytime soon, though: I’m happy just having the memories, I don’t need to relive those days. I couldn’t cope with the Wednesday comedown very well back then, so it would finish me off now.
- Ganni smiley printed swimsuit
- Cos regular fit linen shirt
- Roxanne Assoulin enamel bracelet set
- Pull & Bear high waist denim shorts
- Bellerose Gallon stripe bag
- Arizona Lone Apache paisley print sandals
LOVE A GOOD STRIPE
Because we all love a good stripe, don’t we? Especially when those stripes are in the sales. A classic look that will never go out of style.
- Hush wide strap vest top
- Crystal Haze single gold plated enamel earring
- Anthropologie suede knotted shoulder bag
- Phase Eight wide leg jeans
- ME + EM Military button stripe cardigan
- Boden pointed toe Mary Jane shoes
DOUBLE DENIM FOR THE WIN
It’s kind of annoying when you see something in the sales that you paid (almost) full price for. I bought this Isabel Marant Étoile shirt with a 20% off deal back in March, but I’ve worn it enough times already to not be too annoyed that it’s now half the price. It works just as well as a jacket as it does a shirt because the denim is nice and thick.
- Isabel Marant Etoile Tahisse blue bleached denim shirt
- Monica Vinader Riva pod diamond stud earrings
- Saint Laurent D frame acetate sunglasses
- Boden washed black denim boyfriend jeans
- JW Anderson crystal embellished bag
- Le Monde Beryl crystal embellish Mary Jane flats
Talking of denim, I think it’s about time we did a denim special, so I’ll work on that for next week.