An early happy new year to one and all. I wasn’t going to say it, but it feels rude not to. Just don’t ask me to say it after January 7th. One week is long enough for a cheery ‘Happy New Year’. I also wasn’t going to do another post so soon after the last sales one, but it is in fact a Sunday today. The teenagers are still not getting out of their cesspits until way after lunch but I feel like it’s time to for me to get back on track and into my routine. No more cheese for breakfast lunch and dinner. Maybe just lunch, someone’s got to eat it…
So here is a little extra sales post with the focus on more budget friendly high street picks. Even if you’re not in a shopping mood, you can use this for a little bit of early 2024 outfit inspiration. If you’re looking for designer picks check out my Net-a-Porter sales post here.
RUGBY SHIRTS AND PUFFER JACKETS
I have a feeling that polo/rugby style shirts might be a ‘thing’ this coming year. My 16 year old asked for a Ralph Lauren one for Christmas (I found 2 pre-loved on Vinted that fit the bill perfectly) and he is usually on the money when it comes to style. I am aware we probably don’t want to dress like 16 year old boys all the time, but I am kind of into this look for myself.
- Whistles cotton rugby style shirt
- & Other Stories alpaca blend beanie hat
- Abbott Lyon figaro gold chain bracelet
- La Redoute gold tone signet ring
- Abercrombie mid rise baggy jeans
- Uniqlo powder soft down jacket
- Nike court vision low trainers
CHUNKY KNITS & JEANS
I don’t think we need to elaborate here. There’s definitely colder weather on the horizon. I know this because it’s my birthday in less than 2 weeks and history tells me it’s often REALLY cold then. My cold weather uniform will almost always be a good chunky knit and jeans. Add a puffer for going outside. Lots of the Uniqlo ones are on offer now and they are excellent.
- Hush Kellton shawl cardigan
- White Stuff quilted funnel neck coat
- Part Two Cassidy high waist regular fit jeans
- John Lewis cable knit scarf
- Aligne navy cord short sleeve shirt
- Shoe The Bear Agda leather lace up ankle boots
LONG COAT AND MINI SKIRT
Another of my current favourite outfits, and if you’re looking for cheap tights that WON’T let you down, I can recommend these ones from Amazon. They are soft, comfortable and feel WAY more expensive than they actually are.
- La Redoute checked ruffle collar cotton blouse
- Hush Penny rib knit jumper
- Hush Mena relaxed wool coat
- Matalan brown cord mini skirt
- John Lewis wine leather square toe loafers
LOVE A GOOD STRIPE
One of the best things to buy in the sales has to be a classic striped top. It will never go out of style, you can wear it with almost anything in your wardrobe and can you ever really have too many? (rhetorical question).
- Arket herringbone peacoat
- La Redoute recycled grained stud tote bag
- Levis ribcage straight ankle jeans
- Joanie Brittany Breton stripe jumper
- & Other Stories leather heeled Chelsea boots
CORDS AND CABLE KNITS
At this point I will be considered someone with a ‘problem’ if I added any further corduroy-based items to my existing collection. Although to be fair to me, I did sell a lot of it when I went down a dress size earlier this year, so I would have a legit excuse if I was going to replace some of them.
- Abercrombie removable scarf wool-blend jacket
- Crew clothing cable knit cardigan
- Albaray cropped corduroy wide leg trousers
- Massimo Dutti cotton blend polo shirt
- Jigsaw Nuburg suede ankle boots
CHECK IT OUT
Checks are another failsafe wardrobe item that you know won’t go out of style. My favourite blazer from 2023 by Albaray is now in the sale, the subtle colours in the check means it goes with so many other shades. A very useful item indeed.
- Jigsaw stitch detail twill shirt
- John Lewis weave knit scallop grab bag
- John Lewis wool blend wide leg trousers
- Albaray relaxed checked blazer
- John Lewis ANYDAY leather brogues
Even though I get annoyed with the constant ‘HNY’ greetings, in all seriousness I do hope everyone has a great year ahead. I definitely believe in looking forward rather than back. I hope many exciting new adventures (and outfits) come your way in 2024 and thanks again for sticking with me.