This post is sponsored by Albaray. You can also use code WMM20 for 20% off anything on the Albaray site. If you’re a regular blog reader you will know that I often feature things from this label. It’s a sustainable womenswear brand that was created in 2020 at the height of the pandemic by an all-female trio with over 25 years’ experience in the fashion industry.
Paula Stewart, Karen Peacock and Kirstie Di Stazio came together with a desire to create a more thoughtful, environmentally conscious approach to a fashion brand. They wanted to reconnect with women, who, like them, love affordable, well-designed and versatile clothes, all made with sustainability in mind.
For me, they’ve hit the nail right on the head and perfectly fill a gap in the market for women of all ages. The curated collection is well thought out, designed for everyday – from wear-anywhere dresses to feelgood loungewear and EXCELLENT jeans. More on those later. Here are my picks from the new Albaray collection.
PERFECT LENGTH COATS AND DRESSES
If you’re in a quandary about what outerwear will work with your midi dresses then the answer, I think, is a coat that hits as close to the hem of your dress as is possible. This avoids cutting your body in half and makes the outfit flow better. This green check overcoat works perfectly with the block-colour Albaray dresses – you could also throw caution to the wind and go for a double pattern or even a double pattern AND a double green!
1. Mango quilted chain strap bag
3. Albaray black jersey woven dress
4. Albaray harlequin ruffle neck dress
5. Isabel Marant Derwina western suede boots
6. Boden round toe stretch boots
VERY GOOD JEANS & A NICE TOP
Look, it’s me. These black, wide-leg crop jeans are another winner. I’ve often steered clear of a wide-leg crop as I never really found the right pair. I have now. Personally, I think the trick is to go for a black jean instead of a blue, and to wear with boots that are slim across the ankles and go higher than the hem. I paired my Albaray jeans here with the leopard blouse and Air & Grace chunky troupe boots. Vacant, some might say gormless stare: model’s own.
1. Albaray animal ruffle collar blouse
2. Coach Cassie leather cross body bag
3. Albaray camel wool blend trench coat
4. Albaray black wide leg crop jeans
5. Air & Grace Troupe Chelsea boots
CASUAL WEEKEND WEAR
You know I love a good green quilted jacket: I mix it with a chunky cable knit and one of the best pairs of jeans I own. Regular blog readers will know that I have recommended the Albaray relaxed leg jeans many times in the past. The denim is really good quality and washes well. Take your regular size. Another great thing about Albaray is that their sizing works. I have not had to size up or down at all. I know that when I order an item it will actually fit me.
1. Albaray cream cable knit turtle neck jumper
2. Albaray khaki contrast quilted coat
3. Albaray relaxed leg indigo jeans
4. Albaray white rib square neck top
5. Air & Grace khaki Camino boots
Me again, this time in the glamourous setting of a toilet. But ignore that. Focus on the excellent shape of these needlecord trousers. I’ve worn them with the spotty tie neck blouse and a blazer. If you wanted to, you could go the whole hog and add the matching waistcoat.
1. Albaray black spot tie neck blouse
2. Mansur Gavriel leather tote bag
3. Albaray black cord waistcoat
4. Albaray black cord cropped trousers
5. Reformation black leather Chelsea boots
Don’t forget the code WMM20 will get you 20% off all full priced items on the Alabray website until October 27th.