This post is sponsored by Albaray, and I’m hoping that it’s a brand that has entered the field of your consciousness by now. If not, why not? Albaray is owned and run by an all-female team. It’s currently celebrating its second year in business and it’s just getting better and better. Albaray always has one eye on style and the other on sustainability: they want the things you buy from them to not only be classics you will treasure for many years, but also to be made from fabrics that won’t harm the planet. They use organic denim, recycled polyester and responsibly sourced cotton to name but a few.
Albaray sell online via their own site, but this year they’re also in every John Lewis store nationwide, so there’s an opportunity to check out their wares in person too. I have an excellent discount code to use on the Albaray site: WEARSMYMONEY20 gets you 20% off all full price items until 10 May.
Let’s have a little look at some of my favourite things from their spring/summer collection.
I love this new take on a suit. Ditch the blazer and just go for a waistcoat instead. Albaray now have two versions of this look: the black linen and the beige cotton with matching wide-leg trousers. If you’re feeling brave, go for nothing underneath your button-up. Alternatively, layer it over a simple white T‑shirt or vest.
- Albaray black linen waistcoat
- Albaray organic cotton waistcoat
- Albaray black linen wide leg trousers
- Sezane Milo classic leather handbag
- Albaray organic cotton tailored trousers
- Air & Grace Moli leather studded sandals
- Grenson Queenie leather sandals
DRESS TO IMPRESS
Block-print dresses have become a bit of a calling card for Albaray. The design was inspired by a woodblock print on a vintage 70s dress that Karen (head designer) has had in her wardrobe for years. Last year they did the blue frill shoulder midi dress that I’m wearing in the main photo. This year they’ve gone for more colours and styles. I love the green long-sleeve version. I mean, of course I do, I’m always drawn to green. Also, it’s worth noting that almost all the Albaray dresses have POCKETS! Which we know should actually be the law.
- Albaray wood block print v neck maxi dress
- Celine oversized square sunglasses
- Albaray green block print midi dress
- Loewe basket bag
- Arizona Love raffia sandals
I think I’m up to my fourth pair of Albaray jeans now and they are all great. I’d say that each style is true to size. I think my most-worn pairs are the light wash relaxed leg jeans, which are a looser ‘boyfriend-fit’ straight-leg style, and the black cropped wide leg. I’ve got a thing for wide legs right now, as you might have noticed.
- Albaray white square neck ribbed vest
- Favorite Daughter logo baseball cap
- Albaray light wash denim straight leg jeans
- Albaray blue and white stripe organic cotton shirt
- Nike Blazer 77 trainers
- Ralph Lauren reversible striped cotton tote bag
A LITTLE BIT OF LEOPARD
We all love a bit of leopard, don’t we? (That’s a rhetorical question, of course.) Albaray have got you covered for all you animal print needs, from summer sun dresses, shorts, tops, even a pair of trousers and a new style swimming costume (coming soon).
- Ray Ban State Street sunglasses
- Albaray black rib racer vest
- Albaray animal print pull-on shorts
- Albaray animal print strappy maxi dress
- Albaray animal print swimming costume (coming soon — similar here)
- Amazon Fashion leather strappy sandals
The fabric of the summer, should we get one. As I look out of the window, the rain is still lashing down, but all might be forgiven come July when we’ll be grateful of a nice bit of linen and that emergency fan we panic-bought during the 3 day heatwave last summer…
- Missoma roman coin layered necklace set
- Albaray v neck natural linen dress
- Albaray green ruffle shoulder linen dress
- Adidas Forum 84 low classic trainers
Have little explore for yourself on the Albaray site and don’t forget to use code WEARSMYMONEY20 gets you 20% off all full price items until 10 May.