I am aware that most of you are probably WAY more organised than I am. You have probably finished all your shopping, wrapped it all up and are smugly sitting by the fireside eating a mince pie and a Terrys Chocolate Orange. If that is so, then good for you. I, on the other hand have yet to really make a dent in the gift buying so am heavily relying on a few next day deliveries from my favourite websites to get me through.
I did want to get a gift guide out earlier, but this time of year is one of the busiest for me work-wise and the wonderful Mr Michael Bublé has taken up a lot of my time over the past week or so. For those of you who don’t know me. My day job is Head of TV Promotions at Warner Music. That means I am basically in charge of getting the acts on the TV. As there is a lot of TV on around the Christmas period and we are trying to sell records, it’s always busy. Anyway, I digress, here’s a few gift ideas. As it’s so late, some of these might even be in the sale now. Sometimes there’s an upside to leaving things to the last minute…
GIFTS FOR ME
May as well start with what I like, as this is my blog after all. I’m probably really hard to buy for as I love shopping for myself so much, and if I like something, chances are I wouldn’t be able to wait for someone else to get it for me. In fact I’ve already bought the Sandro jumper as I walked past the shop this week and it was on sale!
- Le Labo Thé Noir 29 Perfume - Got a small size in my Liberty Advent calendar last year and I’d love a full bottle.
- Sandro Cashmere Mix Jumper — Already bought it!
- Anouska Gold and Diamond Pendant- Just love it.
- Vivienne Westwood Seditionary Boots - Classics.
- Trish McEvoy Make-Up Planner — Literally all you need for a face.
- Gucci Leather Bee Watch - I mean, really..
INDEPENDENT BRANDS FOR HER
Any time is a good time to support independent brands but Christmas is obviously the perfect time. So check out a few smaller businesses and buy your gifts direct from the manufacturer. I have got products from all of the brands below and I can highly recommend them all.
- Carloe London Edie Box Bag — Excellent bag makers, this one is stylish, roomy and well made.
- Kirstie Le Marque Diamond Stud Earrings — A friends company who make unique diamond jewellery.
- Love Scarlet Silver Sycamore Necklace — Another friend of mine who makes hand-made silver jewellery inspired by nature.
- Look & Cover Monogrammed Pyjamas — I love pyjamas and I love anything monogrammed. these cotton PJs are perfect.
- Genevieve Sweeney Sock Subscription - The gift that keeps on giving, for 12 months at least!
- Air & Grace Stella Star Stud Boots — You may have heard of their trainers, but they also make these beauties with the same level of comfort and joy.
GIFTS FOR HIM
My husband very very rarely buys himself clothes, and frankly, given his love of Crocs, I wouldn’t trust him much if he did. So I usually end up buying him clothes and shoes for Christmas so he can be presentable for the year ahead. Do you have a man in your life like this? I feel your pain…
- Stussy Beanie Hat — Spot him a crowd with this orange number.
- Cos Structured Cashmere Scarf — All the Male execs at work wear a scarf indoors — no idea why. I think it’s a power thing.
- APC Navy Sweatshirt — Because I like APC, and I love a good sweatshirt.
- Läder Gold Plated Watch — Stylish, yet not hugely expensive.
- Chup Hogan Wool Socks — I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you can’t beat a good sock, and this is great sock.
- Grenson Fred Leather Boots — The best made boots ever
GIFTS FOR TEEN GIRLS
I thought I’d just stick to teen girls and teen boys because, lets be honest, babies and smaller kids are easy to buy for, you can just do toys. What happens when they don’t need toys anymore and you don’t want to splash out on the latest phone they want? It’s not easy, let me tell you.
- Piggie Portable Charger - Because they ALWAYS run out of charge when they need it most.
- Lazy Oaf Rainbow Puffer Jacket - I’m too old to wear it but I would if I was 15.
- BH cosmetics 12-Piece Brush set - Girls love make-up but it’s hard to know what kind, so just get them the right tools instead.
- H&M Leather Shoulder Bag - Looks a little like old Celine for less than £50.
- Joanie Clothing Slogan Jumper — I mean, who DOES like Mondays? certainly not teenage girls.
- Timberland Rose Suede Ankle Boots — These boots are still a thing with the youth. I know, I’ve seen it.
GIFTS FOR TEENAGE BOYS
This is what I have to deal with. It’s a minefield. Certain brands are a no-go area, but those change from week to week. I’m basically guessing here, but Vans and Adidas still appear to be OK. Shoes are always a good idea, mainly because you’ll have to buy them anyway as they grow out of them so quickly, so you may as well give them from Christmas. Cheap? Me? Never?
- Vans Old Skool Hi Tops - Classics, surely they all like these?
- Champion Beanie Hat — Apparently Champion is a cool brand again — who knew?
- Adidas Logo Sweatshirt - My youngest will ONLY wear Adidas joggers or track pants *eyerolls*
- Eastpak Backpack - To carry that coat in that they refuse to wear.
- G Shock Mens Red Watch — I guess kids don’t need watches as they never look up from their phones, but this one is cool…
- JBL Go 2 Speaker - So they might actually take their headphones off for once.
I hope you’ve done a bit better than me. I’ll get there by the end of the week, and there’s still that extra emergency dash next weekend too.