A happy new year to one and all, I know I wasn’t going to say it, but it feels rude not to. I also wasn’t going to do another post so soon after the last sales one, but the husband is away and the teenagers don’t get out of their cesspits until way after lunch right now, so I’ve had some time on my hands. (And no, it’s not Sunday, it is in fact Monday, but a Monday that feels like another Sunday, so here we are). I have also just watched the entire new series of Emily In Paris*. Yes, it’s total nonsense but it’s good, mindless television and REALLY makes me want to visit Paris this year. I also binged ‘The Watcher’, which I also enjoyed, and it made me want to dress all in beige like Naomi Watts’ character**.
So here is a little extra sales post with the focus on more budget friendly picks. Everything I have selected here is under the £100 mark. Even if you’re not in a shopping mood, you can use this for a little bit of early 2023 outfit inspiration.
*Don’t ask me to do a blog on the clothes in ‘Emily In Paris’, they are fun to look at but I’d never wear any of them and this blog was always, and will continue to be, only about outfits I would actually wear myself. **But I might do one based on Naomi’s ‘The Watcher’ wardrobe.
A BLAZER AND A BEANIE
I have this Ganni hat, and it’s perfect for my massive head, if you are similarly afflicted with a large bonce then it’s for you, if not, then maybe give it a miss. Add a colourful blazer to break up the black a bit.
1. Joanie Chanson d’Amour t shirt
2. Ganni rib knit recycled wool beanie hat
3. River Island red check blazer
4. Whistles India pleat front trousers
5. Alpe long chunky Chelsea boots
FANCY DRESSES AND BOOTS
Warehouse has a wealth of great dresses on sale, almost all of them 50% off. If you’ve got a late winter, or early spring wedding invite in the diary, it’s a good place to look. I tend to go up a size in Warehouse dresses. Hush also has a good selection on sale, I take my regular size there.
1. Warehouse border print chiffon midi dress
2.Hush Madeyn zebra print midi dress
3. Schuh black leather western boots
4. Geox chunky lace leather up boots
A LITTLE BIT OF LEOPARD
There’s a lot of quilted jackets in the sales (and I’m sure we’ve got a lot of winter left in which to wear them) but this leopard collar number from Oliver Bonas is definitely my favourite.
1. Oliver Bonas leopard print faux fur collar quilted jacket
2. Mango quilted bag with chain handle
3. Arket cotton wool blend jumper
4. Whistles authentic Alba turn up jeans
5. La Redoute flat leather lace up boots
SHORTER SKIRTS AND KNEE BOOTS
This is a look I’ve recently got into after I bought a pair of suede ‘western style’ knee high boots from M&S in their black friday sale (now sadly sold out). It’s a bit of departure for me, but I’m actually really into it. Also, to note it’s Ok to be 50 next week (ffs) and still wear a short skirt and knee high boots.
1. Benetton oversized cashmere blend turtleneck jumper
2. Vivienne Westwood single orb scarf
3. Joules green corduroy mini skirt
4. River Island grey longline coat
5. Schuh black leather western style boots
A LITTLE BIT WINKLE ON THE TRAITORS
I’m tempted to do a whole blog on Claudia’s outfits from ‘The Traitors’, If you haven’t already watched, I urge you to do so. It’s really fun and also worth it just to marvel at the array of fingerless gloves she manages to wear throughout. Kudos to stylist Sinead McKeefry for giving us those looks.
1. La Redoute ruffled cotton seersucker blouse
2. Barbour Laire leather saddle bag
3. Barbour Annadale quilted jacket
4. La Redoute high waisted Mom jeans
5. Office elastic detail suede boots
FRENCH GIRL CHIC ON A BUDGET
This is always a go to look when you want to keep it casual but also chic. Add an oversized blazer to your sweatshirt and jeans combo. French site La Redoute is a good place to start looking for excellent styles that won’t break the bank.
1. Whistles patchwork detail sweatshirt
2. Arket relaxed long sleeved t shirt
3. La Redoute checked wool oversized blazer
4. Frame ‘Le Jane’ straight leg jeans
5. D.A.T.E sport high trainers
Hopefully we will be back on track for next week and the blog will actually be on a Sunday once more.